What is a canvas?
What is stretched canvas? Some of our designs are also printed on a canvas. Stretched canvas is a canvas print that has been stretched over a timber frame and is ready to hang straight on the wall. The canvas is generally stapled behind the frame and covered in a tightening agent to give it a better fit.
The Benefits of Canvas Stretching
The benefits of canvas stretching are many. Stretching helps you perfectly complement a space in your home by:
1. Stretching an image to precise dimensions (within reason)
2. Stretching it to a certain shape
3. Protecting the image from undue wear and aging
4. Giving the image a firm foundation on a quality wooden frame
5. Showcasing an image that can now last for generations
6. Achieving perfect and permanent image alignment (no slipping or wrinkling as the years go by)